Tuesday 28 March 2017

Sunshine and Rainbows!

Hello and Happy Mothers Day to all those hard working mums out there!


This week has been a journey of knowledge of colour!  I've learned so much about dyes, pigments and lakes!  I have started making a new paint for Tiny Land which would be dense enough to paint onto stones and sticks, but is great for kids!  I've struggled to get paint like this for my own kids which is safe and mostly natural.

We picked stones at the beach on Saturday when visiting Nanny for Mother's Day and are painting markers for our vegetable beds.

My test so far is really good.




Next week I am going to write a bigger piece on colourants and uses..so if you're an artist or dye yarn, or clothing, or make cosmetics, or are just curious..I hope to be able to help you.

In the meantime I offer you a Rainbow Buddha bowl recipe! Here are photos of mine, and I hope you enjoy having fun with it!

Rainbow Buddha Bowl Recipe

Purples: 
Red Cabbage
Red Onion - thinly sliced with balsamic vinegar

Raisins


Reds:
Red peppers
Tomatoes

Oranges:
Carrots
Orange Peppers

Yellows:
Yellow Peppers
Lemon slice

Greens:
Steamed broccoli
Thinly sliced cabbage
Edamame Beans
Sugar snap peas

Protein and carb sources:
Potatoes - I added vegan mayo (veg oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard powder)
Chickpeas - I roasted mine in coconut sugar and paprika
Soya meat pieces - I used chicken in a teriyaki sauce and coconut sugar
Quinoa - I use Seeds of Change wholegrain rice and quinoa
Pasta
Naan breads

Here are some photos of the boys enjoying the sunshine :)









No comments:

Post a Comment